This Spiced Turkey Salad will be a wonderful addition to your dinner menu. It is a delicious and refreshing way to use up cooked brown turkey meat. Ras-el-hanout is a Morrocan spice mix. It means “top of the shop” or high class and a good mixture will contain about 20 spices but it can contain more. Commonly it has paprika, cumin, chilli, cinnamon, rose petals, fennel, allspice etc.
1 tbsp orange juice
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
2 large handfuls of watercress and rocket mixed leaves
50g hazelnuts, toasted in the oven, cooled and very roughly chopped
1 red grapefruit, segmented (use the juice in the dressing)
1 orange, segmented (use the juice in the dressing)
2 tbsp roughly chopped mint
Yield – 4 servings
- Shred the brown turkey meat into bite sized pieces and mix with a good pinch of salt and the Ras El Hanout, leave to stand whilst you make the dressing.
- Make your dressing by whisking all the ingredients together, taste for seasoning.
- Put the salad leaves on a serving plate.
- Mix the honey with the turkey until coated. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and turn to a medium heat. Stir fry the turkey for a few minutes until it is hot. Turn the heat up and add two tablespoons of the dressing. Cook for a minute, add the hazelnuts and stir well.
- Scatter the meat on top of the salad and place the grapefruit and orange segments around the dish. Scatter over the roughly chopped mint
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top of the salad and serve.
Don’t forget to Pin the recipe for later! 📍➡️
If you enjoyed the recipe or have any questions at all, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help! Share your creations using our #ENTCSCreations hashtag on Instagram. Check out our other recipes by visiting our Recipe tab and subscribe to our Youtube channel for some exciting recipe videos.