We all love Italian cuisine for so many reasons but pizza has a special place in our hearts. With a good recipe, you’ll recreate this dish at home quickly. So without further ado, here is our basic pizza dough recipe! Don’t forget to check out the full video below for the step by step process.
1 tsp fast acting dried yeast
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
110mls of tepid water
225g strong white bread flour
A good pinch of salt
Makes 2 medium-sized thin pizzas
- Mix the yeast and oil with the water using a fork, and leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a large well in the centre.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the well.
- Using a knife bring in the flour from the inner edge of the well and mix into the water. Bring it together to a soft and slightly sticky dough. If necessary add extra water or flour. Remove the dough from the bowl and put on a lightly floured work surface. Clean the dough off your fingers and knead the dough by rolling it backwards and forwards, using both hands one after the other. Keep kneading for 10 minutes until you have a soft, springy dough and only add flour as necessary.
- Grease a bowl and put the dough in it, cover with cling film and let it rest for about 40 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into two.
- Take a piece of dough and roll it into a rough circle, approximately 0.5cm / ¼ inch thick using a rolling pin. Put onto a baking sheet (you can dust this with polenta or rice flour if you wish). Cover with your favourite topping and leave to rest for 5 – 10 minutes before baking
- Preheat the oven to 250˚C / 230˚C fan / gas mark 9.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until the pizzas are golden and crisp.
If you enjoyed the recipe or have any questions at all, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help! Share your creations using our #ENTCSCreations hashtag on Instagram. Check out our other recipes by visiting our Recipe tab and subscribe to our Youtube channel for some exciting recipe videos.