This gorgeous summery starter that can be served warm or made in advance and served at room temperature.
Yield – 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 160C/ Fan oven 140C/ gas mark 3, Lightly oil 6 medium ramekins or dariole moulds and line with a circle of baking parchment cut to fit the base.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for a few minutes, add the Courgettes and fry for a couple of minutes until they are just beginning to soften – do not overcook them.
- Place the onions and courgettes into a food processor and process to break up well. Add the eggs, goat’s cheese, cream and parmesan. Blend together until it is well mixed and has a slightly coarse texture, season well with salt and pepper and the balsamic vinegar.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins. Put them in a bain marie (a small roasting tin half filled with boiling water) and put in the oven for about 40 minutes or until they are set.
- Meanwhile make the tomato and basil dressing. Put the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the slices of garlic. Heat over a low heat. Once the garlic starts to sizzle slightly take it off the heat and allow it to cool slightly. When it has cooled a little remove the garlic and add the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the slices of courgette in the warm dressing for about 10 minutes. Take out of the dressing and arrange on the base of 6 plates. Add the tomatoes and basil to the remaining dressing
- When the mousses are cooked allow them to rest for 10 minutes of so. Loosen them around the edges very carefully with a knife and carefully turn them onto the plates. Remove the paper discs. Pour over the tomato dressing and serve. They can also be served cold.