This gorgeous summery starter that can be served warm or made in advance and served at room temperature.
Yield – 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 160C/ Fan oven 140C/ gas mark 3, Lightly oil 6 medium ramekins or dariole moulds and line with a circle of baking parchment cut to fit the base.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for a few minutes, add the Courgettes and fry for a couple of minutes until they are just beginning to soften – do not overcook them.
- Place the onions and courgettes into a food processor and process to break up well. Add the eggs, goat’s cheese, cream and parmesan. Blend together until it is well mixed and has a slightly coarse texture, season well with salt and pepper and the balsamic vinegar.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins. Put them in a bain marie (a small roasting tin half filled with boiling water) and put in the oven for about 40 minutes or until they are set.
- Meanwhile make the tomato and basil dressing. Put the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the slices of garlic. Heat over a low heat. Once the garlic starts to sizzle slightly take it off the heat and allow it to cool slightly. When it has cooled a little remove the garlic and add the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the slices of courgette in the warm dressing for about 10 minutes. Take out of the dressing and arrange on the base of 6 plates. Add the tomatoes and basil to the remaining dressing
- When the mousses are cooked allow them to rest for 10 minutes of so. Loosen them around the edges very carefully with a knife and carefully turn them onto the plates. Remove the paper discs. Pour over the tomato dressing and serve. They can also be served cold.
If you enjoyed the recipe or have any questions at all, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help! Share your creations using our #ENTCSCreations hashtag on Instagram. Check out our other recipes by visiting our Recipe tab and subscribe to our Youtube channel for some exciting recipe videos.