This is Henry’s Broken Crème Brûlée recipe.
50g Caster Sugar
Yield – 2 Servings
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan.
- Melt the butter and stir into the flour and sugar until it forms a dough.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press flat to about 3mm thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until just golden brown.
- While still warm, put the shortbread in a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs and press the crumbs into round mould same size as Creme Brulee ramekin.
- Put the jelly and hot water in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir until the jelly has completely dissolved and add the cold water.
- Place raspberries in a 3 cm ramekin dish and pour in some Jelly so that it just covers the raspberries.
- Set oven to 160C/140C fan.
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the beans and put with the cream and milk into a saucepan and heat to scalding point.
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl, add a splash of the hot cream to the eggs and stir. Continue stirring and slowly add the rest of the cream. Pass through a sieve and pour into ramekin dishes and place into a bain-marie (a roasting tin half filled with hot water).
- Bake for around 35 minutes so that the creme has a slight wobble when shaken. Allow to cool and put into fridge to set.
- Put Ingredients to a food blender. Blend quickly to a puree. Add more sugar or lemon to taste.
- Push through a fine sieve.
- Put 2 ring moulds into a hot oven.
- Heat the sugar in a pan until a light a caramel is reached.
- Pour into 2 moulds the same size as each of the ramekins used for the jelly and creme.
- The caramel discs should pop out of the mould when cool.
- Place the shortbread on a serving plate.
- Turn out the creme brulee on top of the shortbread and clean up the sides of the creme brulee with a palette knife.
- Place a piece of caramel on top so that it looks like a creme brulee.. Carefully turn out the jelly and place on top of the caramel, place the second piece of caramel on top and decorate plate with the coulis.
If you enjoyed the recipe or have any questions at all, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help! Share your creations using our #ENTCSCreations hashtag on Instagram. Check out our other recipes by visiting our Recipe tab and subscribe to our Youtube channel for some exciting recipe videos.