REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate
The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate is designed for those working in a food preparation or serving environment within the catering and licensed trade. Others who would benefit from this training are those who work within the care sector. The certificate demonstrates that the holder has a good basic understanding of safe food handling practises as required by law. The course lasts one day and there is a 30 question multiple choice exam at the end where the attendees are required to achieve a pass mark of 60% or above.
The course covers the following:
- Introduction to Food Hygiene
- Bacteria and their Characteristics
- The Incidence of Food Poisioning and its Prevention
- Personal Hygiene and Working Habits of Food Handlers
- The Working Environment
- Common Food Pests and Their Control
- Cleaning Practices
- Food Legislation
The day starts at 9:30am and finishes at approximately 4pm.